Here are some new guidelines and updates you should know as indoor dining begins to occur in Philadelphia:
- A maximum of four people can be seated together inside. If you have more than four people in your party, you will be at separate tables that are at least six feet apart. Six people per table are allowed for outdoor dining.
- You’ll see fewer people around you. Restaurants cannot allow more than 25 percent of their normal capacity.
- You cannot sit at a bar. Alcohol can be served only for on-site consumption at your table when in the same transaction as your meal.
- Servers must wear both masks and face shields for additional protection. Diners must wear masks when they aren’t seated at their table.
- Restaurants will be installing sneeze guards or partitions in their kitchens and at cash registers, host stands, and food pickup areas, where maintaining a physical distance of at least six feet is difficult.